Thursday, January 13, 2011

Dealing with Sick Kids

Matthew is teething, and so of course he is acting very sick and uncomfortable.  Tuesday was the worst of it. He wouldn't let me set him down and he slept off and on all day.  He didn't even want to get down to play, and that is very unusual for him.  Not to mention he had a slight fever the whole time, and I didn't want to put him in the bath, because he is going through the stage where he is afraid of the bath.  There was one point in the day that was pretty comical.  Samuel on this same day was constipated, so I set him up on the toilet, to do his business.  He was looking at me, crying, and pushing. At the same time I was holding Matthew who is in pain and crying.  Both kids in the bathroom in hysterics at the same time. I suppose it's not that funny now but on a day like that you just have to take what you get and make lemonade?!

p.s. Did I mention that Matthew woke up at 3am!  My nerves were a little frayed by the end of the day.  Luckily I took to laughing about my problems rather than getting upset.

p.p.s. Has a Dr. ever told you that kids don't get sick from teething?  So if your kid gets a fever or a runny nose its just a coincidence!  Ya, what a joke, thats pretty annoying!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Rachel! That's no fun, but sure funny!! :) I"m glad you were able to laugh abot it. The hysterics happen double duty a lot around here. No fun.
    Naomi had a fever for 3 days! She just got over it this morning. I thought she might be teething, but I see nothing! But something could be moving around in her gums, I suppose. I was reading up on it on the internet and all the sources said, "If your child is teething and has a fever go see your doctor/it is most likely from some underlying issue." What???!! Annoying.

    ReplyDelete